The Carers’ Group at St Gemma’s provides support for those caring for someone with a life-limiting illness. The group meets fortnightly on a Thursday morning and offers a safe space to relax, meet others and seek advice.
What is St Gemma’s Carers’ Group?
Carers are welcomed to our comfortable, light and airy Day Services building by a friendly and experienced team of professionals. Help is available for those feeling stressed, worried and tired as a result of caring for a loved one.
St Gemma’s Carers’ Group offers:
- A break from the role of caring
- The opportunity to meet a small, welcoming group of others in a similar situation
- A chance to share experiences with other carers and offer support to each other
- A safe, relaxed environment where you can discuss your needs and worries
- Useful information including leaflets and internet access
- Access to support and advice including exploration of coping strategies
- Complimentary hot and cold drinks to accompany a listening ear.