We provide information and support for children and young people when someone in their family is seriously ill or has died.
The St Gemma’s Young People’s Service arranges all kinds of fun activities for children of all ages, to help them cope with their feelings and worries.
- We meet with children, young people and their families.
- We sometimes do activities such as artwork or an activity book. We also talk about the person who is ill or has died.
- We are used to talking about difficult things and don’t mind if you get upset.
- Sometimes groups of children and young people meet together to talk about how things are.
- If we are working with a child or a young person and they ask a question, we will answer it openly and honestly.
For more information about the service, please contact the young people’s team on 0113 218 5500 or email FamilySupportTeam@st-gemma.co.uk