The Academic Unit is a partnership between St Gemma’s Hospice and the University of Leeds.
We aim to be recognised internationally as an outstanding model for improving care of those approaching the end of life through integrated research, teaching and clinical practice. Our work is guided by our values:
– Respect and value patients, carers, staff and all those we work with
– Innovate and integrate with local clinical practice
– Inspire and support continual development and sharing of knowledge
– Build capacity to ensure a sustainable academic unit
– Be responsible and accountable for the standard of our work
The Academic Unit of Palliative Care links academic and clinical partners and is physically located on two sites; St Gemma’s Hospice in Leeds and the Leeds Institute of Health Sciences. This underpins our commitment to integrated clinical academic practice.