Are you an experienced registered nurse looking to gain knowledge, skills and expertise in palliative care? Do you want to work somewhere you can achieve your potential and deliver the highest quality of care? And do you value working with patients and their families to identify and meet their unique needs? If so, then joining the in-patient team at St Gemma’s Hospice could be right for you.
St Gemma’s Hospice is a local, independent charity and has been providing expert care to the people of Leeds for over 40 years.
St Gemma’s Hospice is a friendly, warm and safe place at the heart of the local community, providing the best possible care and support for local people with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses in a beautiful environment. We have been rated as Outstanding by the CQC and are listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, recognising our commitment to staff satisfaction and engagement. The Hospice is also in the UK’s Top 50 Inclusive Companies; we welcome diversity in all its forms and the richness this brings to our organisation.
– A structured induction based on End-of-Life Learning Outcomes
– Regular Clinical Supervision
– Consistent nurse patient ratios (1:5)
– Education and development within our world-class Academic Unit of Palliative Care
– A strong, motivated and happy inter-professional team
– Opportunities to develop across in-patient, day hospice and community settings
– Great facilities, including free parking and discounted meals in our bistro
– An emphasis on staff wellbeing, with a variety of activities on offer to promote physical and mental wellbeing
– Competitive terms and conditions
We work on a one registered nurse to five patient ratio, which enables us to fulfill our patients’ goals and wishes – both when they are here for symptom management and at the end of life.