Our flexible drop-in service is designed to better meet the individual needs of anyone with a life-limiting illness, through cancer or non-cancer, and their families and carers. This means that you can benefit from our Day Services without the need for a referral or advance booking.
What is St Gemma’s Drop-In?
Drop-in is a supportive service that aims to promote a sense of well-being and a positive approach to living. The drop-in service is available for patients and carers to attend in St Gemma’s Day Services on a Monday or a Thursday 9:30am-3:30pm. The Day Services is closed on Bank Holidays. No referral or appointment is necessary you can just ‘drop-in’ at your convenience.
Your needs may be met on a one-off visit or you may wish to attend on multiple occasions. We can discuss a plan with you, for example, to attend one of our groups, come for an individual appointment with our multi-disciplinary team or offer information about other services.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, complementary therapies, family support team, spiritual care, nurses, doctors etc. They can help in different ways, for example, the family support team can help with financial advice, future planning and emotional support.
St Gemma’s Drop-In offers a range of options including:
- An introduction to St Gemma’s if you’re accessing our services for the first time
- A way for patients and carers who already know St Gemma’s services to keep in touch
- Open access to occasional support and advice
- A safe, relaxed environment where you can discuss your needs
- An opportunity to meet others in a similar situation and make new friendships
- Information area with literature and resources
- Various activities such as art and crafts
- Weekly exercise and relaxation class in the mornings.
We have an exercise class and relaxation session each morning and an activity programme in the afternoon starting about 1pm on Mondays and 1:30pm on Thursdays. View the current programme of upcoming events.