Our volunteers get involved for a variety of reasons. You might want to make a difference to the lives of people affected by life threatening illnesses, or maybe you want to develop new skills or simply want to meet new people and have fun.
Here are just a few reasons why we think that volunteering with St Gemma’s Hospice is so rewarding:
- You will have a dedicated Supervisor who will guide and support you in your work.
- You will receive a full induction and further information about St Gemma’s Hospice.
- We offer travel or lunch expenses if you help for four hours or more in one day, up to agreed maximum levels.
- You can ask your Supervisor to act as a referee for future voluntary or paid positions that you may go on to.
- You will receive newsletters and our regular ‘Volunteers’ eNews’ via email, with all of the latest news from across the Hospice.
- You will be invited to volunteer thank you events.
- You will be able to enjoy meeting new people in your community.
- You will have the opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- You will have the chance to gain experience of helping within a leading local charity.
- You will be making a valuable contribution to St Gemma’s Hospice and to supporting our vital work.